Friday, March 30, 2012

SOLSC Found Poem

In honor of our final day of the SOLSC, I decided to create a Found poem using titles of some special slices from our writing community. See you on Tuesday :)


Always looking, and always finding those little moments of joy                       
Things that make me smile                                                                                   
Home                                                                                                                      
Student slices!                                                                                                         
Family reading night                                                                                      
Standing up and rocking out
Forsythia in bloom
Sleep
gift
Yellow roses
Family sunsets
Double stuff oreos
The wonder of words
Breathing
Confidence
This new journey in writing
I say goodbye... for now                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

10 comments:

  1. Ah! That is a lovely found poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! And I remember many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so good that I finally clicked here. Great to have you in the Slicer World.
    See you back here Tuesday, yes?
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to make a poem! Let's keep writing - See you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inventive. Love your poem and reminder of many poems that have dotted the slicing days of March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cleverly constructed collage of words and phrases Mandy. Poetry presents so many possibilities, but it takes a keen eye to notice and apply them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your found poem. I just bought Georgia Heard's new book of found poems. I want to try them with my students!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I by "for now" you mean until Tuesday (at the latest)! Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this was so fun! I love this idea! I'm going to have to remember this one! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK--this was a cool idea! I may have to "steal" it sometime

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your inspiration.