Here is what I left with:
I love John Green. He is one of my favorite YA authors, and I am an avid follower of his blog and his youtube channel that he and his brother both star in. I normally wait until books are published in paperback, but for a John Green book, I'll pay the extra money for a chance to read it right away. The Fault in Our Stars has received strong reviews, and I am excited to begin reading it as soon as I finish today's slice!
Wonder, by R.J. Palacio has received rave reviews not only from book critics and authors, but from bloggers like you and me! Throughout the infinite blog-o-sphere, I have come across many blogs that feature this novel, encouraging it to be read. It has been recommended by many from the SOLSC community.
Kevin Henkes' Chrysanthemum is one of my all-time favorites for young kids and those young-at-heart, of course! It is about a little mouse girl whose name is Chrysanthemum. Because of her peculiar name, she is teased by her classmates in school. With the help of her compassionate teacher, Chrysanthemum learns to see the beauty in her name. This is an endearing story with a great message, too! I bought this one because my friend was bringing her three year old daughter to dinner with us, and I love giving books for gifts!
I buy this one every year.
Now it is time for me to go and read like a writer. :)





I understand your dilemma over a bookstore near you. My husband and I often go on a Barnes and Noble date with dinner in the larger city 28 miles away. Shopping on Amazon is not the same,is it? I haven't looked into either of the books you bought. I love getting new recommendations. I, too, have seen Wonder recommended again and again. Let us know what you think. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou are in for some real treats with those first two books (and that is one lucky little girl who is on the receiving end of Chrysanthemum). I am curious about the role the last book plays in your life...perhaps a future post??
ReplyDelete