My one and only nephew is three months old today! He belongs to my sweet sister, Jenn and her dashing husband, John. My daughter is absolutely in love with him! Although these two cousins are only nine months apart, my daughter already wants to take care of him by snuggling up to him and attempting to give him some kisses. I am elated that they are close in age and will have the opportunity to grow up together and not only be cousins, but hopefully genuine friends. I have already reserved him to be my daughter's date to her high school prom! (Overbearing mother? Absolutely.) In honor of my nephew's first three months on planet Earth, I wrote him his first poem.Jackson Luke Keoni Wells
and your amazingly kissable cheeks
We awaited your arrival
for more than forty weeks
Action Jackson
your superhero name
Just like Luke Skywalker
of Star Wars fame
Big brown oculi
mesmerizing stare
skin soft and tender
a pigment so fair
Observing the world around you
with a toothless little grin
you have so much to offer
Where will you begin?
A family overwhelmed
with happiness
since your very first coo
Jackson Luke Keoni Wells

What a sweetie! He definitely deserves a poem and you did him proud! So much love expressed, makes me tear up as I reread this. Sweet!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tribute to your nephew! I bet you'll be his favorite aunt!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I love the poem and the strength these words will give him when he is old enough to really hear them. Beautiful. I also love your daughter's future prom plans- they can look out for each other!
ReplyDelete