Monday, April 30, 2012

I zig, you zag.


I zig
  You zag
                    And no one else
                          knows our pattern
                                    We figure it out
                               Moment by moment 
               Remembering
        How
and
        Why
               We fell in love
                          Working hard
                                    to keep it alive
                          Uphill, downhill
               no other
       can replace
If you ever
       were to go
               My heart
                          an empty space.
                                                You zig
                          I zag
                Like a puzzle
         piece
not all will
         fit
                each day
                          discovering
                                                two halves
                          a whole!
                We zig,
          We zag,
but still intwined
           by fingers
                 heart,
                          and mind.
                                                The End.
                          

                           

2 comments:

  1. What a great post for Z. Congratulations on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this poem! I feel this with my husband too. Sometimes it feels like we are not connecting in the moment, but we are still connected in bigger ways. It is a work in progress to have a marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your inspiration.