.jpg)
I am a firm believer that if opportunity knocks on your door, you should perform a background check and if all clears, let opportunity in. A recent opportunity did not exactly come knocking on my door, but instead, I sought it out and after doing its own background check on me, opportunity decide to let me in.The opportunity that I have been granted with is to teach at another school. It will be bittersweet to leave the school that I am currently at since I have taught there for six years, and I adore the students and my colleagues; however, the school is on a path that I do not necessarily want to be on. Therefore, I decided to do something about it. Fortunately -- and I feel amazingly blessed -- I was hired at an independent school with a strong reputation. Without a doubt, every school has its own challenges, but I am ecstatic to be able to embrace change with my arms wide-open.
June 6, the final day of the school year will be sad; I've already shed a few tears when I watch my seventh graders shine and demonstrate how much they have matured throughout the school year. Not seeing them as eighth graders will definitely feel like I've misplaced something. Yet at the same time, I am looking forward to the completion of the current school year. I am ready for a new adventure; a new journey that will challenge me to be a stronger middle level educator. Becoming the veteran teacher who never made an attempt at something new or who was always resistant to change is someone that I refuse to become. The students deserve teachers who want to be there, excited to try new strategies, provide innovative and engaging lessons while creating a nurturing environment where adolescents want to work hard in order to exceed expectations. I want to strive to be that teacher and by embracing this opportunity, I believe that making this transition now is the right thing for
Good for you! This sounds like an opportunity to expand your teaching. You made me laugh with your background check on opportunity knocking on your door. I look forward to reading about your new adventure next year.
ReplyDeleteI am impressed. It is not easy to step out of the comfort zone. How exciting it is going to be to read about your journey over the next months! Thanks for giving us the full details on your recent clever, but cryptic post about opportunity knocking!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Mandy. It's great the way you are embracing this new endeavor. I like the way you approached "opportunity" and how you can let IT in, and how it can let YOU in. Best wishes to you.
ReplyDeleteSounds exciting! I know how hard it is to move out of the comfortable teaching position you are in on to new things. But, the rewards are worth it. Soon there will be new students to watch grow. Good luck in this new adventure.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful adventure! I wish you all the best.
ReplyDeleteMoving on to the next stage of one's life is always a sad but exciting experience. All the best!
ReplyDeleteHi, and good for you! I know that quite often it is difficult to make those decisions... hard to know what to do and when to do it. I wish you well. As a retired teacher/librarian, I know how easily one becomes attached to children and fellow workers. Bless you, my dear. Best regards to you. Nice to meetcha'! Ruby aka Grammy
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, thank you for being a teacher, especially one that cares as much as you obviously do. Wishing you all the best.
ReplyDeleteAnd I had to laugh... I'm like you, background checks required. :-)
Found you through A to Z.
Tia@DepressionCookies