Monday, April 23, 2012

Inspired by

Two Writing Teachers inspires the writer within me.


Two Writing Teachers saved my life.
Yes, I realized that is a very heavy statement, but they did.
I was lost in motherhood with nothing to call my own.
And then destiny called logged on,
and I discovered the Slice of Life.
A little bit about your day,
a chunk, a piece, a slice.
A story.
Once-a-week.
Tuesdays to be exact.
Behold, a challenge!
I love like a challenge.
SOLSC = Slice of Life Story Challenge
Hence, The Chockboard.
Every single day in March, I wrote.
and wrote.
and wrote.
31 days straight.
It was exhilarating!
Writer's block is not exhilarating, but sharing your writing
with other writers IS.
Who cares if your grammar isn't up to par
or if your spelling is somewhat spontaneous?

Teachers, beware!
Two Writing Teachers
will refuel you
and your writing teacher habits.
Refreshing ideas, encouragement, and shared experiences
is what Two Writing Teachers is all about.
Teachers building capacity within one another makes
every single classroom flourish
and TWT is where it's at.


Thank you, Ruth & Stacey!



5 comments:

  1. So glad you've found meaning in writing. Yes, it's a great change from the everyday business of mothering, and a chance to do something for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I could have written this. Once I found TWT, I felt reenergized. It's a wonderful corner of the world, this little community. Thanks for putting it so eloquently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! I am who I am because of Ruth and Stacey. It sounds big--because it is big, right? I wish I could write like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so touched by what you wrote about our blog. Thank you for your kind words.

    Love this quote: Writer's block is not exhilarating, but sharing your writing
    with other writers IS. How true that is, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy (and Deb and Christy) --
    THANK YOU. I'm humbled and warmed in my heart. Your final stanza is one I'm saving in my writer's notebook for the really tough days (like yesterday). Thanks for taking the time to write. I'm glad you're writing with us.
    Hugs,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your inspiration.