I am currently participating in a "tri-campus planning session" this week. It actually began yesterday and will conclude tomorrow. The new school that I will be teaching at has a campus on three different islands; Oahu, Big Island, and Maui. The school has brought together all of the English teachers from the three campuses to collaborate and work on developing writing rubrics that will be consistent across the board. Besides working, we will also be partaking in cultural practices and enjoying the outdoors.
It does seem as if I just finished with my school year, and I am getting right back into it again; however, I am very excited to meet my new colleagues and to collaborate with them.
My husband and daughter are here as well with a good family friend of ours, but I won't see them until Wednesday evening. It is the first time I am spending three nights without my daughter! Can we say anxiety? She's just fine, it is her mommy who is overwhelmed! I am looking forward to spending the second-half of the week with them. Things have been hectic lately, so it will be nice to give my family my undivided attention.
Okay, Slicers. Have a wonderful writing Tuesday, and I'll see y'all next week with some pics from our pseudo-vacation and ideas from the work sessions.

Can't wait for the pictures and information next week. I think it is exciting that you are able to meet and collaborate with your new colleagues.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds amazing. I feel like I have similarly turned right from schoolwork to a different kind of schoolwork. Things will surely slow down for us next week, right?? I am fascinated by your mention of partaking in cultural practices. I think I might even be a bit jealous that you are part of such a culture. There is something about that that makes it seem so spiritually fulfilling. Another layer to your life, to your relationships.
ReplyDeleteThe idea of working in Hawaii seems wonderful. (Though "The Descendants" reminded me that work is still work, not matter where you do it.)
ReplyDeleteHope these three days are a wonderful chance to collaborate with your new colleagues.
This sounds good, Mandy, but hard to turn from the end of school so quickly to another professional obligation. I hope it's a good experience, and then you have the reward of your family in the final part. See you next week!
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy the experience of the planning session and getting to know your new collaegues. I remember the first time I spent a few days away from my daughter, it was really hard at first, but once I recognised that she was happy and safe without me it got easier... a lil bit anyway ;)
ReplyDelete~ Rhonda Parrish